ScoutingNY noticed a small neighborhood in the Bronx with some extremely nerdy names: Library Ave, Research Ave, Watt Ave, and Radio Drive.
The best of all intersections is where Ampere Ave (ampere is the full version of “amp”, the electric current unit) and Ohm Ave (ohm is another unit of measure of electricity).
Turns out the parcel of land was donated by Isaac Leopald Rice, inventor, chess patron, and of president of the Electric Storage Battery Co. after his death in 1915. The street names are a tribute to him.
4. Here’s the location in the Bronx:
- Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- And you can tune into BuzzFeed News on Facebook, where we're covering the entire ceremony live.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- And as many as eight survivors have been found after a deadly avalanche buried a hotel in Italy.