1. Guy in white shirt and shaved head hits CM Punk in the head
2. CM Punk turns around and hits a different guy, putting on his sunglasses
3. This guy’s face says it all:
4. Here’s how the whole thing went down
The heckler reaches in to hit CM Punk from far behind, then ducks away. Punk turns around and thinks it was the man standing directly behind him, who is actually innocent. He his the innocent guy in sunglasses. Ouch.
The WWE made a statement about the incident to TMZ:
“WWE security was unfortunately not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk’s persona as a ‘bad guy’ fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him and one struck him in the kidney and on the back. WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment.”
Cagedsideseats.com discovered these tweets from the “real” heckler, admitting what he did:
7. The fan who got hit isn’t even that mad
- "I'm that guy that pollers missed:" Trump bros are coming out of the shadows after finding their "safe space."
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The US Commission on Civil Rights will visit the campsite where people have protested the Dakota Access Pipeline for months.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿