2. Here’s that same sweater dress on the runway
3. A collaboration between Teresa Field and James Thai made this etched leather dress
Teresa was inspired by drawings of H.R. Geiger (the guy who designed the creature in Alien and anatomical animal drawings. She worked with James Thai, who created a way of burning his intricate drawings onto soft leather.
5. This is how the dress looked on the runway:
10. Here’s the blue fur jacket with matching blue fur pencil skirt
Blue. Fur. Pencil. Skirt.
11. Her collection include this navy blue fur dress with a leather sailor/hot dog vendor cap
This hat was seriously amazing.
12. This design team, wearing all black, of course, made brightly colored woven and knit separates made from vintage Welsh blankets
Janine M. Villa (right) had discovered blankets from Wales in the ’60s had amazing colors and designs, and bought a slew of them online to use as fabric for blazers, coats, and separates. Amanda Nervig (left) knitted chunky vests and accessories to match the blankets that included plastic and metal knitted into the fabric.
14. Which looked amazing paired with more patterned knits
15. Hot pink leggings with orange beads. People literally gasped when it came down the runway and the beads shook.
16. Giant eyeballs on the shoulders? Let’s do it.
The hot pink collection is from designer Heather Marie Scholl. It was playful and fun and weird. Quilted hot pink hot pants? Alright.
17. Hot pick sequin codpiece? Sure!
This slinky feminine dress included a bulging padded codpiece that looks likes little boy’s underwear. Some guy in the front row wearing a Peter Pan hat and a giant green yeti fur coat rolled his eyes, as if he doesn’t approve of ridiculous dressing.
18. The crowd ooohed and aaahed over this coat from Qian Xie
Seriously. Imagine getting a hug from someone wearing this. Oh, and the pants are cashmere.
19. Congrats to the graduating class at the Academy of Art University!!
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good 🛀