James Honeybone is 20 years old, has plugs in his ears, tattoos, a lip ring, loves heavy metal, and is on the Great Britain Olympic fencing team. As soon as I saw his awful mugshot-style official portrait, my heart skipped a beat and I knew he was my favorite fencer since Kat from Real World: London.
There’s 3 different types of fencing — épée, saber, and foil — with slightly different rules about where on the body you can hit and if hits with the side of the sword or just the tip count. Honeybone’s event is individual sabre fencing (there’s also a team version), where you can hit with the sides of the sword as well as anywhere on the opponent’s upper body, including arms.
Here’s why you should be hoping James Honeybone stabs the other guys as hard and as often as possible with his sabre. Win that gold!
9. But now he’s got a cool pompadour
- Donald Trump just announced he will "totally accept" the election results….if he wins.
- People are really pissed over this "Grab Her By The Brain" campaign based on Donald Trump's comments about women.
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.