2. Cats: Toxoplasmosis
Toxoplasmosis is a parasite from cat poop that crawls into human brains and literally changes how you think. It literally makes you LOVE CATS. And eats your brain.
3. Birds: Parrot Fever
Psittacosis, a.k.a. parrot fever, is form of chlamydia that parrots get that they can pass to humans without eve having sex with them Messed up and totally true.
5. Cats: Cat Scratch Fever (It’s a Real Thing!)
Not just a Ted Nugent song, about half of all outdoor cats have been exposed to this disease. In humans, it can cause painful and itchy swelling at the scratch site, as well as swollen lymph nodes. However, you probably won’t die.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 30. "We're still not done," a police official said Friday afternoon.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- Instead of ornaments, a woman decorated her Christmas tree with paper angels honoring the biggest stars who died in 2016 🎄