2. Cats: Toxoplasmosis
Toxoplasmosis is a parasite from cat poop that crawls into human brains and literally changes how you think. It literally makes you LOVE CATS. And eats your brain.
3. Birds: Parrot Fever
Psittacosis, a.k.a. parrot fever, is form of chlamydia that parrots get that they can pass to humans without eve having sex with them Messed up and totally true.
5. Cats: Cat Scratch Fever (It’s a Real Thing!)
Not just a Ted Nugent song, about half of all outdoor cats have been exposed to this disease. In humans, it can cause painful and itchy swelling at the scratch site, as well as swollen lymph nodes. However, you probably won’t die.
- Barack Obama holds his final press conference as president today.
- Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump's pick for EPA chief, refused to say at his confirmation hearing if he would recuse himself from lawsuits he filed against the EPA.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom.