Juliana Hatfield and Evan Dando were the Mulder and Scully of ’90s alternative rock not-it-couples, with their ongoing did-they-didn’t-they-or-will-they-eventually romance. They were close friends and collaborators (still are!), and everyone with a heart not made of granite was curious about the status of their friendzone at some point. Rumors flew that Juliana lost her virginity to Evan, until finally in 2006 she wrote a letter to the editor of Boston music magazine Dig denying it (she lost it to Spike Jonze instead).
Now, thanks to Twitter, you can watch them talk and flirt and friendzone each other and do whatever the hell it is they’re doing. They’re both kind of perfect on Twitter, you should definitely follow them anyway; Juliana is charming and funny, Evan is weird and spacey, just the way you’d hope they’d be.
Sure, it’s a little creepy and gross to be obsessed with the friendship between two 40-somethings. But please, just let us have this. We need this.
2. Their discussion of Breaking Bad:
i just can’t stand it when jesse pinkman and walter white fight; i wish they would just hug, already. (i am deep into season 4 so far— Juliana Hatfield (@julianahatfield) June 16, 2013
8. This exchange about fellow Boston music legend, Peter Wolf of The J. Geils Band:
drive-by star sighting—peter wolf, outside cambridge formaggio kitchen— Juliana Hatfield (@julianahatfield) April 12, 2013
(I obviously nearly fainted over this exchange.)
- Authorities are removing Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- Apple just unveiled lighter, thinner MacBooks with touch-sensitive panels for instant emoji access (and other uses) 💻✨
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀