1. Earlier this summer, the Instagram account “IHaveThisThingWithFloors” formed as a place to repost photos of people’s shoes on top of beautiful floors, which were tagged with the same label.
The hashtag has quickly gained in popularity, and the curated account now has over 12,000 followers. The users of the account (and the account itself) have taken to calling this genre of photograph “selfeet,” which is definitely one of the cuter variants of “selfie” developed thus far. (“Selfeet” >>>> “Usie.”)
Pictures-of-feet is a well-worn Instagram motif, but never before has it been so pleasing to the eye. Sometimes the subjects’ shoes match the ground beneath them, and sometimes they don’t — either way, the effect is super pretty and strangely transfixing.
See below for some more favorites.
15. You can follow the account here.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.