1. Earlier this summer, the Instagram account “IHaveThisThingWithFloors” formed as a place to repost photos of people’s shoes on top of beautiful floors, which were tagged with the same label.
The hashtag has quickly gained in popularity, and the curated account now has over 12,000 followers. The users of the account (and the account itself) have taken to calling this genre of photograph “selfeet,” which is definitely one of the cuter variants of “selfie” developed thus far. (“Selfeet” >>>> “Usie.”)
Pictures-of-feet is a well-worn Instagram motif, but never before has it been so pleasing to the eye. Sometimes the subjects’ shoes match the ground beneath them, and sometimes they don’t — either way, the effect is super pretty and strangely transfixing.
See below for some more favorites.
15. You can follow the account here.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Apple has delayed shipping its new wireless Airpods headphones that were supposed to go out to iPhone 7 users this month. 🎧
- Donald Trump bashed Hillary Clinton for going to an Adele concert after critics slammed him for promoting his new hotel.