1. Earlier this summer, the Instagram account “IHaveThisThingWithFloors” formed as a place to repost photos of people’s shoes on top of beautiful floors, which were tagged with the same label.
The hashtag has quickly gained in popularity, and the curated account now has over 12,000 followers. The users of the account (and the account itself) have taken to calling this genre of photograph “selfeet,” which is definitely one of the cuter variants of “selfie” developed thus far. (“Selfeet” >>>> “Usie.”)
Pictures-of-feet is a well-worn Instagram motif, but never before has it been so pleasing to the eye. Sometimes the subjects’ shoes match the ground beneath them, and sometimes they don’t — either way, the effect is super pretty and strangely transfixing.
See below for some more favorites.
15. You can follow the account here.
- The State Department has faulted Hillary Clinton for breaking email rules and failing to manage cybersecurity risks as Secretary of State.
- 11 states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- Protests outside a Donald Trump rally in New Mexico turned violent Tuesday night as demonstrators threw rocks and bottles at police officers.