Miley Cyrus appeared on the Today Show this morning to perform her hit singles “We Can’t Stop” and “Wrecking Ball.”
She also sat down with a six-minute interview with host Matt Lauer. Below, our favorite quotes.
1. “[The attention] is kind of what I want. I’m an artist so I’m hoping that I get a little attention, otherwise my record sales might be a little sketch.”
2. “I don’t ever really plan to offend people, um, but sometimes that just happens because I think people— you know, they’re not open to what they don’t understand. That’s why what I’m doing is for my fans.”
5. “This is who I am. I think it’s only hard if you’re trying to be something you’re not. Being who you are is really easy.”
6. In response to Lauer asking when her “sexual phase” will stop: “I heard when you turn 40 things start to go a little less sexual, so probably around 40?”
9. “For me the most important thing is being a really good person, and that doesn’t depend on what you do on stage, that depends on how you treat people when you’re offstage.”
The full interview:
- Swedes are confused after Trump talked about a nonexistent incident in Sweden during his rally in Florida 🇸🇪🙃
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."