2. It’s very rare for a golden eagle to attack mammals as large as full-grown deer.
Golden eagles typically hunt other birds or smaller mammals (like rabbits and squirrels), though there are rarer documented instances of the birds hunting larger prey, like a brown bear cub.
Linda Kerley — who studies Amur tigers and leopards at the Lazovsky National Reserve in Russia — found photos of the deer attack while performing a routine check of the camera equipment. She, along with Dr. Jonathan C. Slaght of the Wildlife Conservation Society, submitted an article on these events (believed to be the first of their kind) to the Journal of Raptor Research.
3. This is *almost* as crazy as that time we briefly thought an eagle picked up a human baby.
(This video, however thrilling, later turned out to be fake.)
- Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- Rep. Adam Schiff said there's "more than circumstantial evidence" that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia during the election.
- Four people died in a suspected terror attack after a car drove into pedestrians near Parliament in London. The suspect was killed.
- A 4-month-old golden retriever named after Joe Biden got to meet and even lick the former vice president at the Capitol today 🐶❤️