5. But the only person who calls you by the full version of your name is your dentist.
And maybe your grandparents. And your credit card company!!!
8. Most of your friends’ dads call you “Kate.”
The name “Katie” is unpronounceable to a certain sector of middle-aged men. They’ll never remember. It’s not worth correcting.
9. You have an instinctive, reflexive distrust of your dastardly cousin — the Katy.
What makes you so SPECIAL, huh? Are you in a hurry? Are you trying to save yourself some time by cutting out that extra letter?? Where are you GOING, anyway?
15. Everyone’s always like, “But you’re going to go by Katherine/Kathleen/Kathy when you’re older, right?” Because they think Katie is a name for LITTLE GIRLS.
But you know what, no. It is weird to tell someone to change their name just because they’re 30 or whatever. Katie for life.
- The trial to watch in Trump's America: A doctor faces a manslaughter charge after his patient died following an abortion.
- "Cancel order!" Trump tweets threat to end Boeing's Air Force One contract, citing high price tag.
- Former Sen. Bob Dole's law firm was paid $20,000 a month to lobby for Taiwan — and played a role in Trump's call with the president.
- It's finally here: You can now like comments on Instagram, and people are really excited about it 😍📷