5. But the only person who calls you by the full version of your name is your dentist.
And maybe your grandparents. And your credit card company!!!
8. Most of your friends’ dads call you “Kate.”
The name “Katie” is unpronounceable to a certain sector of middle-aged men. They’ll never remember. It’s not worth correcting.
9. You have an instinctive, reflexive distrust of your dastardly cousin — the Katy.
What makes you so SPECIAL, huh? Are you in a hurry? Are you trying to save yourself some time by cutting out that extra letter?? Where are you GOING, anyway?
15. Everyone’s always like, “But you’re going to go by Katherine/Kathleen/Kathy when you’re older, right?” Because they think Katie is a name for LITTLE GIRLS.
But you know what, no. It is weird to tell someone to change their name just because they’re 30 or whatever. Katie for life.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳