18. £5.99 on a Netflix Membership
You can deal with the ad breaks on Spotify every few songs if it means you have more money to spend on baked beans but streaming American television shows online is driving you crazy.
Netflix is actually free for the first month anyway so you’ll just cancel your membership straight after then and it will be fine.
16. £6 on library fines
Sometimes collateral damage has to be taken. This is one of those times. When your essays due in in two days and the book you’ve quoted at least four times is already overdue it’s time to make hard decisions. You decide you’re going to have to suck it up and pay that 50p late fee.
9. £21 on a gym membership
So you definitely remember your GCSE science teacher saying that exercise is good for the brain. You congratulate yourself on your spark of genius and buy a membership. This way your grades will go up and you’ll be fit for summer.
6. £20 on “That new top you really wanted”.
You know that you’re meant to be spending this money on course books. You do. But you’re also pretty sure they’ll have the same text in the library. If they don’t you can always get up a vaguely wordy looking ebook on Project Gutenberg and pretend you found an internet copy.
5. Plus, this top is in the sale.
There’s at least a £2 markdown and you get another 10% off with your student discount and honestly, you’ll spend less on washing powder this week if you buy it.
4. £5 on Fancy Dress Costumes
If you were doing Psychology you might suggest that students love fancy dress so much because they want to return to the comfort of childhood… actually, you think it’s just a reason to get even drunker than usual on a night that’s not Halloween.
1. You’ll just have to chalk this one up to experience, starting from now you’re in unadulterated work mode.
Well, after you finish a few more buzzfeed articles at least…
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏