Promises have been made.
Remember when you told yourself that you’d finally read Ulysses?
Promises have been broken.
Remember when you watched all of OITNB season two instead?
But today is a new day.
Even if you woke up at 3 p.m.
Because dads and computers.
7. Go to a lecture without having to physically move.
Academicearth.org has free lectures and course material from universities like MIT, Johns Hopkins, Stanford and Columbia.
9. If you’re a college student, look into discounts and free admissions deals that your school offers for museums/shows.
13. If you just can’t keep your brain focused for an extended period of time, catch up on some short stories
Free classics online at Classic Shorts and American shorts at Americanliterature.com. Resources for Gabriel García Márquez and Alice Munro shorts at Openculture.com and a list that includes George Saunders at Flavorwire.com.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will visit Pearl Harbor in Hawaii later this month — the first Japanese leader to do so.
- Donald Trump has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's presidential election has conceded defeat, obstructing the advance of the global populist movement in Europe.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏