We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A sink cleaner and polish to *finally* bring your sink back to its former glory. It's safe to use on multiple surfaces (i.e., stainless steel, porcelain, acrylic), and it prevents new stains from forming!
2. A pack of Scrubbing Bubbles stick-on gels for anyone who absolutely ~hates~ cleaning their toilet (#me). The gel tab slowly dissolves with each flush so you don't have to physically clean your toilet, and it prevents lime scale buildup over time.
Each gel stamp lasts for about 12 days (depending on how often you flush), each refill has six gel stamp uses, and each box has two refills. So one box will keep your toilet clean for at least 144 days.
Promising review: "I live in a two-story house with three men, so needless to say, our downstairs toilet becomes quite a mess no less than three days after I clean it. But with this product, it keeps the bathroom smelling fresh, the toilet looking clean, and me feeling less grossed out about cleaning the toilet at the end of the week! I highly recommend this product for anyone with a house full of guys, or just someone who hates cleaning the toilet as much as I do. You could easily not scrub your bowl for two weeks and not have to worry about stuck-on grossness." —Vanessa
Get it from Amazon for $16.76 (this kit includes the dispenser and 12 stamps).
3. A jar of internet-beloved The Pink Stuff, which is a multi-surface paste capable of cleaning *pretty* much anything. Reviewers say that it keeps their bathroom fixtures looking shiny for much longer, and it won't leave scratches, streaks, or residue either.
Seriously, you can use it on floors, walls, doors, kitchen surfaces, grills, outdoor furniture, etc.
Promising reviews: "I love this stuff! It cleans and shines just about any surface. I use a Scrub Daddy sponge when I want to really deep clean, and the results are amazing. It leaves a little film behind, and water beads up and rolls off so chrome and stainless steel on fixtures and sinks stay shiny longer." —Winnie
"THIS STUFF IS MAGIC. If you’re questioning getting this to clean harder stains or anything, this is your review to read! I was a little skeptical because I’ve tried many things to clean my shower door with the hard-water stains, and nothing really ever got it completely clean... This stuff did! I wish I would have taken before pictures. It did take a couple applications and some scrubbing, but honestly I didn’t have to scrub hard — just used a wet cloth and this, and my shower door is now completely clean without any hard-water stains! I’m obsessed. Now to see what else I can clean with it." —Rachel Anne Deaton
Get it from Amazon for $5.97+ (available in three quantities).
4. A drain snake for an effective and less expensive way to clean out clogged drains (and keep them clear longer). It's sooooo satisfying to watch what it pulls up. 😱
The wand is 19.6-inches and has little "burrs" that grab hair and gunk from your drain with a few twists. The plastic is flexible so it can navigate curved pipes pretty easily.
Promising review: "Seriously, stop buying Drano! I've had a problem sink since moving into this rental house for over a year. Drano bottle after Drano bottle have gone down this drain to semi-clear the issue before clogging again a month later. I finally bought these, spent maybe three minutes, using two of the three in the pack, and the sink has never drained this well since I moved in, and it's staying clear. Like other people are saying, the process is a little gross, but I put on disposable gloves and had a trash bag nearby, and it wasn't that bad. It's actually nice they are disposable so you don't have to worry about cleaning a reusable snake. I highly recommend!" —Karen
Get a set of four from Amazon for $5+.
5. A mold- and mildew-removing gel that requires minimal effort — just squeeze some out, wait six to eight hours, and return to your brand-new bathroom that's free of mold!!! In addition to removing mold and mildew, reviewers said it kept grime at bay for MONTHS.
Promising review: "This stuff is seriously the best. I had been scrubbing at the mildew stains in the shower forever using various cleaning products, and yet they remained. I had basically resigned myself to a gross-looking shower. Then I somehow stumbled across this stuff and decided to give it a whirl. It could not be easier, and it actually works! Just make sure the shower is dry and apply the gel to the mildew. Let it sit for a long time (like overnight or all day while you’re at work), and make sure no one uses it during that time. Rinse it off when you get back, and you are good to go! Zero scrubbing required. I was amazed to see all of the stubborn mildew stains GONE. The one thing I will say is that it might seem a little pricey. It took one whole bottle to effectively clean my shower. The upside is that the mildew didn’t come back for six months. So, two bottles per year for a mildew-free shower seems worth it to me!" —Celestial
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
6. A miraculous pumice stone to rid your toilet of those annoying and unsightly stains that have been lingering for yearsss. It works on rust, lime scale, mineral deposits, and more. Some reviewers noticed that their toilet stayed clean for much longer, too.
It's reusable, and reviewers say that with a little scrubbing, it'll get the job done in minutes.
Promising reviews: "I wasn’t exactly sure how a pumice stone was going to clean my toilets. But once I started using it I noticed that it’s very easy to get off stains that I’ve been working on for years! I was wondering how a square block was going to reach in the curves and corners, and it turns out that the pumice stone wears away pretty quickly, so it makes it easy to mold its shape to whatever surface you’re scrubbing. I wish I would’ve found this sooner! I’ve spent hundreds of hours and lots of money on trying to clean these toilets. I’ve used bleach, toilet bowl cleaner, elbow grease etc., and nothing works as good and as quick as this thing. Save yourself some time and get this product now!" —sybil
"When I couldn't get anything else to clean my toilets (I'm assuming calcium buildup), this did the trick. Back to white and staying clean too." —michelle jumper
Get it from Amazon for $11.20+.
7. A Wet & Forget shower cleaner that works so well it's practically magic. Spray it on just once a week and then rinse with warm water. Yep, there's NO scrubbing required! You're welcome. 😎
Promising review: "This stuff is amazing! We have very hard water and consequently have a lot of soap scum buildup in our shower, even though we wipe it down after every use. I have tried so many different products that promised results but never delivered. We heard about this product on a local home improvement radio show, so decided to give it a try. We had significant buildup and stains, so it took three daily applications to start, but now we use it weekly, and the shower stays clean and shiny. The scent is pleasant, and even when I accidentally splashed some on my skin, no skin irritation. So glad we found this!" —Rita R.
Get it from Amazon for $18.61+.
8. A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to ~erase~ soap scum and other grime from your shower, tub, and bathroom sink. Just add water and you're good to go! The best part is that you won't have to clean as frequently after using this for a deep clean.
Promising review: "I bought Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Bathroom and Shower Cleaner for my cleaning people to use on my shower glass, so I can't comment on how easy they were to use, but my shower glass was cleaner than it has been with other products they have used. It seems to be staying cleaner longer without getting the spots again as soon as it did with other products. So far so good." —Mishy
Get a 10-pack from Amazon for $13.24+.
9. A Kaboom bathroom cleaner with OxiClean that sprays on blue and then turns white when your surface is clean and ready to be wiped down. Reviewers say the scent can be a little strong, but it's super effective at keeping your bathroom clean for longer periods of time.
Promising reviews: "I thought if it works on porcelain sinks, it can work on the inside of my toilet tank (above the water line). I forgot to take a before picture. I sprayed it on and it was blue. Within 1 minute the foam turned white, then I simply wiped it off with a rag. Look at my photo. Before it had yucky black stains from I don't know what, maybe hard water or calcium deposits. Now, even my toilet bowl stays clean longer. I'm impressed! I'm going to do my shower next. I will take before and after photos." —LJ
"My wife was looking for something to clean a film from her tub. She tried all the other products available, but none worked as well as this. It went on blue, and turned white after. It did a good job; you could see where you sprayed it and where you didn't. I would buy this product again." —Jerome P.
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
10. A can of Bar Keeper's Friend Cleanser and Polish, which has the power to transform old sinks, tubs, toilets, and basically any non-porous surface in your house. Just dust the cleanser over the stained surface and use a damp sponge to work it in. Rinse clean after a few minutes and enjoy the fruits of your labor for months to come.
It's available in both a liquid and a powder, but former BuzzFeed Shopping editor Kayla Suazo (who worked the before-and-after magic above in her own bathroom) finds the powder works best for bathroom use. Check out her full review here.
Promising reviews: "My son (a chef) recommended this. Can’t believe I lived this long without it. Stovetop sparkling, pots looking like new. It takes a little elbow grease the first time (depending on how bad your stuff is, mine was pretty bad), but it CLEANED IT. And now quick swipes and they STAY clean. I’m amazed." —Amazon Customer
"I've heard people rave about this product, but never got around to buying it until I had a stainless steel pan that developed some unsightly spots after cooking and washing. One quick shake of BKF and a swipe of a washcloth removed the spots instantly. The pan looks brand new. I also used it on kitchen and bathroom tile with the same amazing results." —Breanna
Get the powder from Amazon for $6.38.
11. An eco-friendly hard-water stain remover that will eliminate stains and spots on tile, granite, shower glass, stainless steel, and more. Reviewers love the smell (it's not too strong!) and note that it leaves a protective film to keep their surfaces clean and smudge free.
Promising review: "I used this product to clean hard water stains from my glass shower doors. The results were amazing! It also leaves a clear protective barrier on the glass so stays clear and clean longer! One thing I would add is that it’s not recommended to clean metal because it has like a small grit feeling and can scratch it. Read the directions and what surfaces are recommended. I love this product!" —Genita LeNoir
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+.
12. A plant-based stainless-steel cleaner and polish to bring your fixtures back to their original glory (aka finally get rid of those annoying smudges and hard-water stains). In addition to leaving your fixtures and appliances shiny and streak-free, it will keep them looking brand new MUCH longer.
Promising reviews: "As a metallurgical engineer I avoided stainless-steel appliances for years because I knew we could not solve the finger marks and water staining. When we bought a new house with all stainless I had to take over their cleaning and I hated it! My years of education and experience in metals were of no help to me. Then, In frustration, I stumbled on Therapy. It works. Now I just use a dry rag daily and and re-polish every once in a while." —Twig Family
"Finally a product that does what it says. And it stays cleaner for longer once used." —Lisa
Get it from Amazon for $19.95+ (also available in larger quantities).
13. A Swiffer WetJet that'll make quick work of mopping up hair, dust, and any other gunk that might be lingering on your bathroom floors. 🤔 It can be used on any sealed or finished surface and the illuminated nozzle makes it easy to see what you're cleaning.
Promising review: "After 5 years with the o-Cedar mop my husband convinced me to buy this Swiffer WetJet and I had mops the day before as you see in the pictures holy moly my floors were not as clean as I thought they were. All I can say is that after two days after using this Swiffer my floors was not even close to the after picture. Definitely gets cleaner & stays cleaner longer." —Christine Tate
Get it from Amazon for $32.44.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.