1. At first, they won’t believe that you’re actually there to take them home…
2. It will take a few minutes before they’ll start to warm up, even a little bit.
3. Once you’ve brought them home, they’ll assume you are another foster parent and won’t want to engage just yet.
4. It’s possible your other dog will feel like he wasn’t enough dog for you.
5. He’ll start to come around though, especially when biscuits are involved.
6. Your senior dog will still need some extra TLC in the beginning.
7. Like your other dog, he’ll start to become very protective.
8. And then you’ll start to notice a friendship blooming…
9. And your senior dog will start choosing his favorite nap spots.
10. And he won’t resist when you dress him up as Miley Cyrus for Halloween.
11. He’ll start to really enjoy the sites and scenery with you.
12. And before you know it, he's made himself right at home.
13. The next door neighbor will offer his friendship.
14. He might even take up the same hobbies your other dog likes.
15. And he’ll be just as excited as you are about your 1 year–since-adoption-anniversary.
16. And your other dog will finally let you know it’s okay for the new guy to stay.
17. Because if they’re being honest, they were both looking for companionship anyway…
And wasn't that the whole idea in the first place?
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!