“Gray Malin’s series of aerial photos of beaches is all things warm and perfect. Dreamlike scenes so beautifully captured and full of graphic detail: shapes, shadows, and lots of color. Right-click, save image as, and set desktop picture.” —Jared Harrell, Photo Editor, News
“This photo essay from photographer Bradley Secker shows us the behind the scenes of the hunt for Mr. Gay Syria. His pictures are deeply humanizing and show us how the contestants’ participation is simultaneously a political act and a fabulous one.” —Dennis Huynh, design director, News
“Ahead of this weekend’s highly anticipated Bad Boy family reunion concerts at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, fashion stylist and former girlfriend of Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs, Misa Hylton, has shared her own personal collection of candid snapshots from her time as the queen of hip-hop and R&B fashion design.” —Gabriel H. Sanchez, photo essay editor
“In one of those inside looks that makes the day worthwhile, Muhamed Muheisen takes us inside the Netherlands creative housing solution to the refugee crisis.” —KB
“Born from the tumultuous period of the Cultural Revolution, China’s ‘revolutionary model operas’ filled a theatrical void in the arts after Chairman Mao Zedong had outlawed the display of traditional Peking operas. These pictures, once hidden away for decades, illustrate how these productions emphasized communist ideals and attempted to glorify the struggles of China’s Cultural Revolution.” —GHS
“Adrien Selbert’s cinematic approach of documenting life after the Bosnian War effectively captures the realness of Bosnia and Herzegovina today. His moments and approach are intimate and natural, revealing the beauty that exists in this politically and economically broken place. Selbert’s fascination with the war is very evident in this passionate body of work.” —JH
“A last-minute, late-Friday find, and I’m totally in love with Chip Litherland’s new project: taking photos of sporting events on expired film. Very much looking forward to what comes next, but you should see the sneak peek on his blog.” —KB
“I love how moody and colorful these images are. Each has a graphic and cinematic quality that makes this collection very dreamy. Knowing that the creator of these images, Liam Wong, is a graphic designer for Ubisoft, a video game creator/publishing company, makes all sense in the world.” —DH
10. “Slide over these photos to see the drought’s effect on some of the state’s big reservoirs” — Los Angeles Times
“Good news! Maybe this week the world is not dying. The LA Times looks at how the drought in California is easing. Drink up!” —KB
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- South Korean prosecutors have reportedly asked a judge to issue an arrest warrant for former President Park Geun-hye.
- "Orange Is The New Black" actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴
- And Muslims in Birmingham told BuzzFeed News what it's like in the city that finds itself under the spotlight because of the murderous actions of London attacker Khalid Masood.