The coroners' investigation into Cory Monteith's death has come to a close.
The 31-year-old Glee actor's body was found on July 13 in a hotel in Vancouver. The initial findings had determined that the cause of death was "mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol."
Now, the full investigation has come to the same conclusion.
The report released Wednesday by the British Columbia Coroners Service included details that had not yet been reported, including the fact that Monteith had ingested the heroin intravenously. "An examination of the scene revealed drug paraphernalia including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle," the report reads. "There were also two empty champagne bottles and multiple glasses located on a nearby table." It also states that his body was found "in a collapsed position on the hotel room floor."
The report concludes that Monteith's death was accidental. It notes that he had a history of drug use.
The Glee episode that will deal with Monteith's death, titled "The Quarterback," airs next week on Fox.