1. This is Kevin Williamson. He created Dawson’s Creek and The Following, wrote the Scream movies, and is an executive producer of The Vampire Diaries.
2. This fall, his new show Stalker will premiere on CBS. He and its stars appeared on Thursday at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills. Some TV critics have already said they feel Stalker is exploitative.
Maggie Q leads the cast.
3. And some of them tweeted about that on Thursday. Which Kevin Williamson noticed on Friday. Here he is taking Laura Prudom of Variety to task.
4. But this was the end of that exchange.
5. Williamson’s real foe was Todd VanDerWerff, late of AV Club, newly of Vox. Todd tweeted his criticisms throughout the Stalker panel — and Williamson decided to respond belatedly to each tweet.
6. Like this:
7. And here.
8. And here too!
9. The name-calling begins here.
11. Uh oh, “loser.”
13. It’s devolving here.
14. And here.
16. Todd responded, finally.
19. No rapprochement. I sense sarcasm.
20. Has waging a Twitter war ever left anyone feeling good? Probably not.
21. You do end up thinking about what you love in your life.
22. Especially because it happened in front of everyone.
23. Somewhere, Dawson Leery is crying.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉