1. Update: On Tuesday, Oct. 28, Doug Ellin tweeted that everything is now set for the movie to proceed.
It’s a go. love you all.
There has been a sudden rise in Entourage agita in recent days. But maybe, like Adrian Grenier says, it has all worked out in the end?
Backing up: The screenplay, by the HBO show’s creator, Doug Ellin, was completed more than a year ago. Then last week, Mark Wahlberg, the show’s executive producer and inspiration, said to a member of the paparazzi that the movie will happen when some of the cast stop “being so greedy.” That followed a report in Page Six last month that while a number of the actors have signed on, star Adrian Grenier and co-star Jerry Ferrara (who played Turtle) had not.
Then Adrian Grenier posted the — very earnest, very Vince Chase — statement above to his Instagram showing off some good Photoshop skills. Was he suggesting that he hadn’t signed on because Ferrara, the other hold out, is being shafted? For his part, Ferrara told TMZ, “I’d do it for free.”
Representatives for Grenier, Ferrara, and Ellin did not respond to requests for a comment. Warner Bros. does not comment about movies in development.
For those who actually want an Entourage movie, Kevin Connolly, who played E, seems to think everything will be fine. “Everybody’s in line,” he told TMZ today. “January we’re gonna do it.” (He then adds that it’s “not official, but it will be.”)
4. And then Monday afternoon Ellin tweeted that Ari Emanuel, the WME agent and co-CEO upon whom Ari Gold is based, said this:
The real Ari just told me entourage movie is happening. He actually was the one who pushed me to write script so maybe it is. We shall see
His previous tweet had been less optimistic. A fan asked him about what Connolly had said to TMZ, and Ellin responded, “No one told me but I trust TMZ. Maybe Billy Walsh is directing.”
An email to WME was not immediately returned.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱