I wasn’t at the Television Critics Association Press Tour today. But apparently, “@midnight” host Chris Hardwick read a bunch of my tweets and asked which ones were real. (They all were.)
Here’s what he said:
“Which of the following is a real tweet by Kate Aurthur? You should follow on Twitter, by the way. Is it, A, “Will not read the AMA by the man with two penises. Not on January 1st, I won’t.” Is it B? “Reading ‘Flowers in the Attic’ at a playground is the creepiest thing I’ve done in years,” or is it, C, “I’m not going to Google this, but does Kate Winslet have 18,000 children? I feel like she’s named 18,000 babies weird shit.” The correct answer is all of the above. Those are all things that Kate Aurthur said. Well done, Kate Aurthur.”
1. Here’s how I found out what was happening…
Hardwick now riffing on @Buzzfeed lists, mentioning @KateAurthur #TCA14
2. Yes, it’s definitely better that I wasn’t even there.
So Chris Hardwick is straight up reading @KateAurthur’s tweets on stage at #TCA14 and she is not in the room. This may make it even better?
3. I know my last name is spelled weirdly. But really, Comedy Central?
Chris Hardwick doesn’t know how to spell @KateAurthur’s name, but she’s not here anyway. But… shout out. #TCA14
Hardwick just read a bunch of @KateAurthur’s tweets and asked us to tell us which were real. (They all were.) #tca14
So (at)midnight host Chris Hardwick just read real tweets from @Buzzfeed’s @KateAurthur for mockery purposes. So, yay? #TCA14
ChrisHardwick just called out @KateAurthur by showing us 3 of her more spectacular tweets. Which most of us have read. Bravo, madam. #TCA14
7. It was all so confusing that I actually did say this aloud at my office. (I mostly know who he is. But not, like, by heart.)
Please tell @nerdist that I just said “Who’s Chris Hardwick?”
8. Yep, working on this now.
“11 Responses That Chris Hardwick Could Have to @KateAurthur’s Tweet, that’s gotta be on Buzzfeed by tomorrow.” -@nerdist
On behalf of @KateAurthur, @HitFixDaniel just extended beef with @nerdist. #TCA14 #journalism!
10. I love Aisha Tyler. What show is this for again, though?
@ MIDNIGHT hopes to get Aisha Tyler on the show. Then, @nerdist says @KateAurthur would be great on the show bc of course
I think @nerdist just invited @KateAurthur to be a contestant on @midnight
12. Can I at least get a follow after all this, @nerdist?
â€œI try not to be snarky to anybody but @KateAurthur from Buzzfeedâ€ - Hardwick #TCA14
13. Bye, Chris! Sorry I missed your panel.
@midnight panel ends and Chris Hardwick says, “Goodbye @KateAurthur wherever you are.” Kate, where are you?
Update: Chris Hardwick has issued a comment.
@KateAurthur KATE!!! You were missed!!! Thank you for the list! Iâ€™m sorry your name was misspelled! No video games for a week punishment. :(
THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. (Can I get a follow?)
@KateAurthur (youâ€™re really funny btw)
Second update: Victory is mine!
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.