1. It annoys you to no end, but it's true: Nobody knows where the fuck Pickering even is.
2. If someone's from really far away, you usually just lie and say you're from Toronto.
3. But if anyone from Toronto heard you say that, they'd call you out immediately.
4. If they have heard of Pickering, they say, "Oh, where the nuclear power plant is."
5. Which makes you afraid to admit that you’ve spent summer days at the beach... Right next to the power plant.
6. But at least that's better than when people call Pickering a shithole.
7. Never mind that you frequently take the GO Train into Toronto just so you have something to do.
8. You've lost count of how many times you've been asked, "Aren't Pickering and Ajax pretty much the same town?"
9. But then you've had to admit that yes, Pickering Village is in Ajax, and no, you don't really know why.
10. And yes, Pickering High School is also in Ajax.
11. (But if the two did combine, "The PickAx" would be the most bad-ass city name ever.)
12. The pedestrian bridge that connects the Pickering GO Station to the mall is the best thing to happen to the city in decades.
13. In your teens, you spent many weekend afternoons just wandering around Pickering Town Centre.
14. It's got an H&M and and American Eagle Outfitters, so obviously it's not total shit.
Now, if only they'd get a Sephora.