1. People are totally losing it over this Scarface remake starring children that went viral on Twitter this week. The video has been retweeted almost 100,000 times since Monday.
11. Steph LdaVoski, the original poster, told BuzzFeed News he did not expect the video to blow up the way it did.
LdaVoski, a recording artist from New York, said he saw the video on YouTube and posted it to his Twitter because he thought “it was funny and crazy at the same time.”
14. But it turns out Scarface the School Play wasn’t ACTUALLY done by a school. Obvz.
The video was originally posted to YouTube under the title “Scarface School Play” in 2010, when it also went viral. But it was later revealed that the whole project was put together by music video director Marc Klasfeld. He did it with professional child actors in a theater in Los Angeles’ Koreatown.
At the time, Klasfeld told the Los Angeles Times that it was “amusing” to see the outrage the video caused, adding that he wondered why the critics did not “speak out more against the sexualization of young girls in American culture or the relentless violence on screens of all sorts.”
15. BuzzFeed News has reached out to Klasfeld for comment.
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺