DJ Mag has just released its annual top 100 DJs list for 2015, and now that you know how rappers got their stage names, let's take a look at how some of these famous DJs "produced" their monikers.
1. Hardwell / Robbert van de Corput
2. Tiësto / Tijs Michiel Verwest
3. Avicii / Tim Bergling
4. Afrojack / Nick Leonardus van de Wall
5. Skrillex / Sonny John Moore
6. Calvin Harris / Adam Richard Wiles
7. Dash Berlin / Jeffrey Sutorius, Eelke Kalberg and Sebastiaan Molijn
8. Diplo / Thomas Wesley Pentz
9. Zedd / Anton Igorevich Zaslavski
10. deadmau5 / Joel Thomas Zimmerman
11. Dyro / Jordy van Egmond
12. Don Diablo / Don Pepijn Schipper
13. Kygo / Kyrre Gørvell-Dahll
14. Vicetone / Ruben Den Boer and Victor Pool
15. Disclosure / Howard and Guy Lawrence
16. Daft Punk / Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter
17. Krewella / Jahan and Yasmine Yousaf
Do you know any other DJs with interesting origin stories behind their stage names? "Drop" them in the comments below.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!