1. Neti pots irrigate your nasal passages free of debris like pollen and other air garbage.
And come as actual pots or as squeeze bottles for those of us who don't trust gravity to do the work.
2. They're life-changing for allergy sufferers (or anyone with a face).
3. But the first time using them isn’t the joy ride this woman wants you to believe they are.
Step 1: Lock eyes. Step 2: Irrigate face. Step 3: Never feel love again.
4. Before you do it, the logistics feel a little like this.
5. With some hesitation, you put it to your nose and trust everyone who has told you it'll all be OK.
6. When the water finally reaches your sinuses, it feels like jumping into a swimming pool without plugging your nose.
7. If your nose is completely blocked, you might experience this wonderfully uncomfortable sensation.
8. And all the gunk that's been hibernating in your nose's nooks and crannies comes out.
9. But then your face starts to feel free.
10. But you know to be careful when you lean over in case some leftover water decides to come out.
11. Especially if you’re gearing up for some sexytime.
A seasoned neti pot user knows to pad any human interaction with some time after a sinus rinse in case of a weird unexpected leak.
12. Sometimes it feels like the nose equivalent of headgear.
You try not to leave it out for any roommates to see, but just like when you had a retainer, you make no guarantees.
13. Like with any hygiene, it can be hard to keep up consistently.
14. And all you want to do is use tap water.
15. Getting the temperature just right can take some time to master.
Too hot and you're pouring a volcano into your face. Too cold and you feel like you breathed in a Polly Pocket-sized Elsa.
16. But when you get it right, your face is grateful.
17. Just be sure to do it in moderation.
18. Deal with it, haters.
See you on the allergy-less, cold-less side.