What does this mean for the future of space? This video from Munich-based information designers Kurzgesagt (German for “in short”) illustrates how the universe might meet its demise.
Here are three theories:
3. Big Crunch and Big Bounce
The universe’s expansion slows down until it stops. Then it reverses and everything merges and heats up so hot that even stars are cooked until a supermassive black hole eats all of the things.
The most optimistic of the theories, the Big Bounce suggests the universe has been through this before and will continue to go through an infinite cycle of expansion and contraction.
Have a good day!
h/t Laughing Squid
- Thousands of people all over the world hit the streets Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkish's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Comedian Will Ferrell showed up to Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.