2. The craft is called OSIRIS-REx, as shown in the artist’s rendition below, and it will launch in 2016 and land three years later.
That’s short for Origins-Spectral Interpretation-Resource Identification-Security-Regolith Explorer. (Bless you.)
○ Think about what we are doing in Solar System exploration in 2014 and what we might be doing in 2023
○ Tweet your statement with hashtag #AsteroidMission or
○ Tag OSIRIS-REx on Instagram with hashtag #AsteroidMission to share your ideas as a graphic or photo.
Posts can be about science, engineering, technology or other subjects related to space exploration today and in 2023.
6. Submit your entries at the asteroid mission site until September 30.
- Pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen have topped France's 1st round for president. They face off in 2 weeks 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in a bizarre video — while playing catch.
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- A fan of K-Pop group BTS reimagined the 7-members within the world of Harry Potter and it's magical ✨