2. However, he also wanted Yoda to look intelligent, so he threw in a bit of Albert Einstein as well
3. He also gave him green skin - which is just as well, because Yoda with human skin is horrifying
We repeat: horrifying
5. Even so, Lucas is obviously proud of Yoda. There is a statue of him at Lucasfilm Ltd. production studios in San Francisco
6. The voice of Yoda was provided by Frank Oz, who also voiced Miss Piggy and Fozzie Bear in “The Muppets”, as well as Cookie Monster in “Sesame Street”
George Lucas was so impressed by Oz’s performance as Yoda that he tried to get him an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
7. Yoda’s speech patterns have been studied by academic linguists
They found that “Yodic” has object–subject–verb syntax, which is rare in the real world, but is a feature of some Amazonian languages, such as Xavante.
8. But if he spoke using regular syntax, it’d sound like this
9. In 2007, “Empire” magazine named Yoda the 25th greatest movie character of all time
According to the British magazine:
“That there’s barely a kid in the known universe who can’t identify Yoda’s quirky syntax speaks volumes. It’s a stroke of genius to introduce the Jedi master, a two-foot high alien with what appears to be mild dementia (although you try keeping it together living alone of Dagobah for 20 odd years), well before revealing who he actually is, and he quickly goes from being cute, to integral, to unforgettable. A perfect cinematic creation.”
16. He can even give you driving directions. There is a ‘Yoda voice’ option for TomTom GPS
17. He’s the ultimate nerd icon. Witness this crocheted Yoda coffee cozy from Etsy
20. Even biologists love him
There is a species of ocean-dwelling acorn worm named after Yoda. Yoda Purpurata, to be precise. It lives a mile beneath the surface. Scientists named it after the Star Wars character when they realized its floppy appendages reminded them of Yoda’s ears.
22. But the best Yoda fact of all? He’s getting his own spin-off movie!
To start with, they’re going to focus on established characters and do solo films. The first standalone film is going to centre upon Yoda. At this stage, specifics are sparse, but Kathleen Kennedy is putting together a Star Wars slate. I’ve also heard tale of a Jabba story that Lucas has floated to some of his buddies. But word is Yoda is first.
- Swedes are confused after Trump talked about a nonexistent incident in Sweden during his rally in Florida 🇸🇪🙃
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."