Last week, Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman escaped from prison in Mexico — for the second time. While he's been lying low, his family — or at least some people who are very convincing — have been active on social media.
First up: Alejandrina Gisselle Guzman Salazar
Bio: Appears to be a passionate, jealous woman who craves love and a stable relationship while frequently calling unnamed women derogatory names. She was arrested in San Diego in 2012 for trying to enter the U.S. using fraudulent documents, according to the Los Angeles Times. She was released shortly after.
Twitter followers: Nearly 40,000
1. "A strong woman is able to smile in the morning even after she's spent the night crying."
2. "After so many sorrows and disappointments, my heart is not looking for someone to love it, but simply for someone to entertain it."
3. "I'm pretty because of my mom, intelligent because of my dad and a hitwoman because of myself."
4. Here, Guzman attends what appears to be a party in an elegant dress.
Next: Alfredo Guzman
Affiliation: One of El Chapo's sons
Bio: Appears to be a hopeless romantic, writing about finding eternal love and the value of humility. But he also expresses resentment and anger at failed relationships, people who are not trustworthy and having to face challenges in his life alone.
Twitter followers: 164,000
5. "Some people have worth, others have a price tag."
6. "Some people only think to look under the clothes, when the best treasures live under the skin."
7. "Everything that ends, ends badly and if it doesn't end badly it's because it hasn't ended."
8. After El Chapo's arrest in February last year, he tweeted defiantly. "My father has not been defeated, the Guzman era has just begun."
9. "My father is better than any government, he created jobs, did away with kidnappers, thieves and rapists, he never fought against the people."
Ivan Archivaldo Guzman
Affiliation: Another one of Guzman's sons
Bio: Frequently quotes his father's advice and defending his reputation. Guzman makes several claims to having taken over the Sinaloa Cartel's leadership as per his father's orders.
Twitter followers: 157,000
10. "Like my dad said one day.. 'Screw all the [women] you can, it's preferable that they leave you for being a scumbag than an idiot.'"
11. "Advice from my father: Never humiliate yourself before anyone but don't showoff braveness."
12. "If you are pretty but you talk sweetly to everyone, you automatically turn ugly and into a whore."
And finally: Joaquin Guzman Loera
Affiliation: ...El Chapo?
Bio: What claims to be El Chapo's actual account is a mix of explicit sexual observations and rumination about what friendship means. New Tweets appeared frequently during Guzman's incarceration, making his account a likely fake.
Twitter followers: 73,400
14. "They say money is not everything in life, but it can buy you freedom."
15. "To be a friend is to interpret looks, understand silences, forgive mistakes, keep secrets, prevent falls and wipe away tears."
16. "One thing I am sure of, I'm the kind that looks back but doesn't return."
17. "Patron of all and friend of many."
Karla Zabludovsky is the Mexico bureau chief and Latin America correspondent for BuzzFeed News and is based in Mexico City.
Contact Karla Zabludovsky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.