1. The role for Raj Malhotra was first offered to Saif Ali Khan.
2. Raj Malhotra wasn't supposed to exist at all. Simran was supposed to fall in love with Tom Cruise.
3. Shah Rukh was reluctant on playing the "lover boy" role as he was famous as a negative character.
4. The name "Raj" Malhotra is Aditya Chopra's dedication to Raj Kapoor. Also SRK is called Raj in 8 other movies.
5. The title "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" was suggested by Kirron Kher. She was also credited for it.
6. Mandira Bedi and Karan Johar mark their debut with this film.
7. Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol could never stop laughing in this bedroom scene:
8. 24 verses of "Mere Khwabon Mein Jo Aye" by lyricist Anand Bakshi were rejected before director Aditya Chopra approved the final version of the song.
9. "Mehndi Lagake Rakhna" was supposed to be a part of another Yash Raj film.
10. Kajol wasn't told that she will be dropped after "Rukja O Dil Deewane." This is her actual reaction:
11. There was a DDLJ made in 1980 too.
12. An American film called "Before Sunrise" with a theme much similar to DDLJ was released earlier in 1995.
13. Armaan Kohli was supposed to play Kuljeet, portrayed by Parmeet Sethi.
14. Aditya Chopra's office has a poster of DDLJ with "Thank You for making me the star I am today" signed by Shah Rukh Khan.