4. He fled his own arranged marriage — and then married three times.
Mandela was arranged for a marriage after coming back from college, but fled the marriage and settled in Johannesburg. Mandela ended up being married three times, having six children. (Pictured above: Mandela with his second wife, Winnie Madikizela).
8. …and while in prison, he earned his Bachelor of Law degree. That’s ALSO better than T.I., Lindsay Lohan and Lil Wayne combined.
Mandela was able to earn a Bachelor of Law degree through a University of London correspondence program. Sorry, T.I., Lindsay Lohan and Lil Wayne.
13. He started his own group of world leaders called “The Elders,” threatening to rival the badass-ness of the Illuminati.
In 2007, Mandela assembled a group of world leaders including Kofi Annan, Jimmy Carter, Gro Harlem Brundtland, Li Zhaoxing, Muhammad Yunus and others, to address the world’s toughest issues. The group is committed to working publicly and privately to find solutions to global issues.
- France's highest court has reversed the burkini ban imposed on a town near Nice, a human rights group lawyer said.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- Italy declared a state of emergency in the regions hardest hit by Wednesday's earthquake. At least 267 people have died and 400 others were injured.