4. He fled his own arranged marriage — and then married three times.
Mandela was arranged for a marriage after coming back from college, but fled the marriage and settled in Johannesburg. Mandela ended up being married three times, having six children. (Pictured above: Mandela with his second wife, Winnie Madikizela).
8. …and while in prison, he earned his Bachelor of Law degree. That’s ALSO better than T.I., Lindsay Lohan and Lil Wayne combined.
Mandela was able to earn a Bachelor of Law degree through a University of London correspondence program. Sorry, T.I., Lindsay Lohan and Lil Wayne.
13. He started his own group of world leaders called “The Elders,” threatening to rival the badass-ness of the Illuminati.
In 2007, Mandela assembled a group of world leaders including Kofi Annan, Jimmy Carter, Gro Harlem Brundtland, Li Zhaoxing, Muhammad Yunus and others, to address the world’s toughest issues. The group is committed to working publicly and privately to find solutions to global issues.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.