What is ASMR?
According to Wikipedia (the world's most reliable website, as we know), ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, and is best described as "a perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, back, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, and/or cognitive stimuli." For example, if you've ever experienced tingles while getting your hair cut or listening to a particularly soothing voice, you might be sensitive to ASMR. A thriving community of YouTubers make videos that attempt to trigger tingles for others, which often help people relax and sleep. While some of the role-play scenarios might be a little hard to get into for ASMR newbies, there's nothing weird or sexual about it, just a way of expressing creativity as these talented ASMRtists work hard to give you a good night's sleep. So grab a blanket and plug in your headphones, because these ten tingle-worthy videos will have you counting sheep in no time!
10. Binaural Scalp Massage + Brushing Hair + Ear Cleaning - thatASMRchick
9. Binaural Whisper Session For Sleep/Relaxation - theWaterwhispers
8. Trickling Stream/Woodland Ambience/Birds - Ephemeral Rift
7. Peaceful Sleep Relaxation - WhisperCrystal
6. Mindwalkers: Futuristic ASMR Role Play - Steven ASMR
5. 3D Sound ASMR (Brush Sounds/Smoke/Massage/Feather Sounds) - GentleWhispering
4. What Is ASMR? 30 Different Binaural Triggers To Find Yours! - Olivia's Kissper ASMR
3. Virtual Spa: Relaxing Haircut - VeniVidiVulpes
2. The Sleep Police Role Play - Heather Feather
1. Departure Ep. 1 - ASMRrequests
If you made it all the way through every video on this list and you're STILL not asleep...
For even more videos and information about ASMR, check out the ASMR subreddit!