DIY Reusable Grocery Bags
1 yard mesh utility fabric
Ball head pins
Medium-sized safety pin
1 spool of ¼ inch ribbon
1. With the mesh fabric folded in half, cut a 10.5 inch x 12.5 inch rectangle.
2. With the fold at the bottom of the bag, measure 1 inch from the top of the bag. 3. This space will make the opening for the ribbon drawstring.
4. Starting at the base of your measurement, begin to secure ball head pins on each open side until you reach the bottom fold.
5. Choose a zigzag stitch on your sewing machine and begin to stitch below your measurement on one side of the bag.
6. When you reach the first pin, pull it out and continue to stitch.
7. Repeat step 5 until you reach the bottom of the bag. Secure with a back stitch if desired.
8. Repeat steps 4-6 on the other side.
9. Turn the bag inside out.
10. Flip the raw edge over and pin perpendicularly following the technique from the side seams.
11. Zigzag stitch around the bag and leave a ½-inch opening for the ribbon drawstring.
12. Pin a piece of ribbon and cut to 10-11 inches depending on how long you’d like your drawstring.
13. Insert the safety pin into the ½-inch opening and use it as a guide to fish the ribbon through the casing.
14. When you’ve reached the opening, pull out the safety pin and remove it from the ribbon.
15. Knot the two ends of the ribbon and pull tightly to secure drawstring.