1. Blueberry is a six-year old certified therapy dog from Massachusetts.
Before Blueberry found her forever home, she was bred for money then left as a stray.
Now she “visits rehab hospitals, nursing homes, humane societies, hospice patients, universities, and homes for the deaf and blind.”
Blueberry is a friendly pit with lots of love to give and she’s aiming to change the world’s perception of pit bulls “one visit at a time.”
2. Clairabelle is only a year and a half but she’s a full-time mobility service dog.
Clairabelle was rescued at eight weeks old.
Her previous owner moved into a home that didn’t allow pets, so for two weeks Clairabelle was living in a car 24/7. It was the middle of May, and with the temperatures climbing into the 90s, there was a strong possibility Clairabelle wouldn’t survive.
She began her service dog training at ten weeks old and initially she only helped her human pick things up.
After a back injury left her human unable to do most things on her own, Clairabelle became a full-time service dog.
The blue-nose pit bull was rescued hours before his scheduled euthanization at the Cleveland Animal Shelter.
He’s only the second pit bull to be accepted into the Pet Pals therapy program.
This handsome blue-nose pit has lots of love to give and he’s changing minds one kiss at a time.
5. Bandit is a Diabetic Alert Dog who alerts his human when her blood sugar is getting high or low.
He’ll paw or lick his human whenever he senses that she needs to check her blood sugar.
A chemical is released when her blood sugar levels change and Bandit is able to pick up on it to help keep his human safe.
Although they often get a bad rap, every day there are pit bulls around the world who put on their vests and go to work as therapy dogs, service dogs and emotional support animals.
- Donald Trump is the last Republican standing. Ohio Gov. John Kasich has ended his presidential run 🇺🇸
- Spelman and Morehouse — elite, historically black U.S. colleges — have again been forced to address sexual violence after an alleged gang rape.
- Alberta, Canada, has declared a provincial state of emergency over a massive fire near Fort McMurray. The area is under mandatory evacuation.