1. Ever wonder what NASA uses all those supercomputers for? In part, for running simulations like this:
From NASA, this simulations “follows the development of a single disk galaxy over about 13.5 billion years, from shortly after the Big Bang to the present time.” That’s about
Old stars are colored red, younger ones are white and blue. Gas is pale blue.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.