1. There were high fives
Last night the Mars Science Laboratory successfully landed on Mars after a long, difficult journey that started in November of last year. Needless to say, the people who worked on the project were pretty stoked.
2. There was gesticulating
3. There was weeping
4. There was clapping
“Great Mars-going, everybody”
5. There was howling
“Hey, Curiosity, can you hear me? Of course you can’t, you’re on MARS.”
6. There was waving
Guy on the right, he gets it.
7. There was Olympics-style posing
8. “Bro, look, we did that”
9. There was a “good game, good game, good game” line
10. There was grinning
11. “Hey, where did my robot go OH LOOK THERE IT IS, ON A DIFFERENT PLANET”
12. There was fist-pumping
13. “WHO just put a robot on Mars?? That’s right.”
14. There were sweet ‘dos
15. “No, no, really, it was nothing”
16. There was hugging
17. There were sighs of relief
18. There was jumping
19. There was Alex Trebek
“It was thiiiiiis cool”
20. There was “YEAHHHHHH”ing
21. And of course, there was tension
23. But then there was Mars
24. “Friggin Mars right there”
- The trial to watch in Trump's America: A doctor faces a manslaughter charge after his patient died following an abortion.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany has for the first time said that she backs proposals for a partial ban on burqas.
- The Supreme Court threw out a $399 million judgment against Samsung over the iPhone's design.
- Grammy nominations are out. Beyoncé has earned 9, including Album of the Year. Drake, Rihanna, and Kanye West each got 8 nods 💿🎶