1. Lots of the most memorable scenes in Jurassic Park had one thing in common. Raptors:
12. Until they could make it look like this.
13. This is more or less what made it into some of the movie’s most iconic scenes:
According to the Stan Winston’s School’s site, the first scene filmed with the suit was one of the most memorable in the film: the kitchen.
“That was my first big scene,” said [raptor suit operator] Rosengrant, “and as I was getting ready to do it, it occurred to me that it was a big deal. I didn’t have stage fright, really, because I had rehearsed that moment over and over again. I’d practiced so much, I could have done it in my sleep.
Anyway, now you know. It’s definitely worth reading the whole blog post about the creation of the suit. There’s a nice long video, too.
- Beloved actor Gene Wilder, who starred in classics like "Willy Wonka" and "Blazing Saddles," has died at 83.
- Huma Abedin, a top aide to Hillary Clinton, is separating from Anthony Weiner after his latest sexting revelation.
- Apple will unveil the newest iPhones on September 7. Expect a new dual-camera system and NO headphone jack 📱