1. Lots of the most memorable scenes in Jurassic Park had one thing in common. Raptors:
12. Until they could make it look like this.
13. This is more or less what made it into some of the movie’s most iconic scenes:
According to the Stan Winston’s School’s site, the first scene filmed with the suit was one of the most memorable in the film: the kitchen.
“That was my first big scene,” said [raptor suit operator] Rosengrant, “and as I was getting ready to do it, it occurred to me that it was a big deal. I didn’t have stage fright, really, because I had rehearsed that moment over and over again. I’d practiced so much, I could have done it in my sleep.
Anyway, now you know. It’s definitely worth reading the whole blog post about the creation of the suit. There’s a nice long video, too.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪