1. So you’re floating around in the International Space Station, and you notice your fingernails are kind of long. What do you do?
2. Well, Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield has a trick. Step one: Get some nail clippers. Any old nail clippers will do.
3. Step two: Find an air vent. It needs to be an intake vent, with a fine mesh grille.
4. Then, cut your nails as you normally would, just a couple inches from vent. The air flow should collect the nail fragments:
5. When you’re done, you can just leave them there. Hadfield says he just vacuums them up later, during his regular cleaning routine:
6. Now you know. Thanks, Chris!
7. You can watch the whole video here:
- Republican members of Congress face angry town halls flooded with voters opposing the repeal of Obamacare and other parts of the Trump agenda.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.