1. So you’re floating around in the International Space Station, and you notice your fingernails are kind of long. What do you do?
2. Well, Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield has a trick. Step one: Get some nail clippers. Any old nail clippers will do.
3. Step two: Find an air vent. It needs to be an intake vent, with a fine mesh grille.
4. Then, cut your nails as you normally would, just a couple inches from vent. The air flow should collect the nail fragments:
5. When you’re done, you can just leave them there. Hadfield says he just vacuums them up later, during his regular cleaning routine:
6. Now you know. Thanks, Chris!
7. You can watch the whole video here:
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton sparred over ISIS, race in the US, and his unreleased taxes during the first debate 📢
- The Colombia government and Farc rebels have signed a historic peace deal, ending 52 years of armed conflict.
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌