2. He began spinning. Slowly at first:
3. Then a little faster. WEEEEEEEEE, wait. WAIT
4. OOHHHH SHIT, NOPE, I WANT TO GET OFF THIS RIDE
Baumgartner “really thought [he was] in trouble,” he told reporters. The spinning had almost knocked him out, but had he pulled his smaller chute, for stabilization, he never would have broken the sound barrier.
For more on the jump, check out our GIF recap here.
[Clip from Austria’s ServusTV, via Business Insider]
- The Pentagon is investigating Trump's former national security adviser over payments he received from Russia-linked groups.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging incident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar issues.
- John McCain and Trump were supposed to be sworn enemies. But now the president may hire some of his former aides 🤗
- "The Real Housewives" has remained a cultural force for over a decade by reinventing itself. But has the show peaked? 👠 🔥