2. He began spinning. Slowly at first:
3. Then a little faster. WEEEEEEEEE, wait. WAIT
4. OOHHHH SHIT, NOPE, I WANT TO GET OFF THIS RIDE
Baumgartner “really thought [he was] in trouble,” he told reporters. The spinning had almost knocked him out, but had he pulled his smaller chute, for stabilization, he never would have broken the sound barrier.
For more on the jump, check out our GIF recap here.
[Clip from Austria’s ServusTV, via Business Insider]
- Donald Trump slammed the CIA after reports that the agency believes Russia used hacks to try to help him win.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦