2. He began spinning. Slowly at first:
3. Then a little faster. WEEEEEEEEE, wait. WAIT
4. OOHHHH SHIT, NOPE, I WANT TO GET OFF THIS RIDE
Baumgartner “really thought [he was] in trouble,” he told reporters. The spinning had almost knocked him out, but had he pulled his smaller chute, for stabilization, he never would have broken the sound barrier.
For more on the jump, check out our GIF recap here.
[Clip from Austria’s ServusTV, via Business Insider]
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren went full "nasty" on Trump, saying "nasty women" are going to cast their "nasty votes" on Nov. 8 🙋
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- "She's not responsible for the journalism mistakes": Why Jackie won't be outed in the Rolling Stone trial.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏