1. Yesterday, German Chancellor Angela Merkel went to CeBit, a German tech conference, where she tried a high-security version of the new BlackBerry:
That terrifying eagle is the logo for Secusmart, a firm that makes security software for, among other things, BlackBerrys.
3. We eagerly await her full review.
Update: Readers readers point out that the eagle isn’t really historically “problematic.” I maintain that it’s a FAIRLY IMPOSING BIRD, however.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎