1. For a lot of people, installing Linux is as much about finding an alternative to Windows as it is asserting some kind of identity:
2. That identity? Linux Bro. There’s the surly penguin mascot:
3. The ever-so-slightly outdated pop culture references:
4. The “hacker” ideal:
5. The anime:
6. The… whatever this is:
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- At least nine people have been killed after a fire broke out during a warehouse party late Friday night in Oakland, California.
- A public health expert says President-elect Mike Pence's resistance to needle exchanges during Indiana's HIV outbreak last year is the direct result of systemic failure.
- "I'm 21 so you can have it back!" This 23-year-old got her lost ID back in the mail, along with a hilarious thank you note 💌😂