4. Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year
8. Because of deals like this
9. I mean come on, that TV is HUGE
10. TEMPTING, RIGHT??
12. First of all, Black Friday will make you sad
13. And tired
15. Going to a big box store is always a bummer. On Friday, it will be the biggest bummer. The only thing that’s REALLY on sale is sadness, and they never run out of stock:
17. In 2008, a man was trampled to death at Walmart. This is horrifying.
The lead sale item that day was a DVD player.
18. Nobody’s safety is worth risking for this
19. Of course, most shoppers’ Black Friday experiences won’t be dangerous, just hectic and stressful
20. But still, STAY HOME. Black Friday is a SCAM
21. And a SHAM
23. First, a lot of the “doorbusters” are off-brands:
You keep your TV for a long time! You want to make sure you get the right one
24. And to get any of the decent-looking deals, you have to show up at an ungodly hour
25. Wait, just a sec. Look closer
27. ZOOM…. SHARPEN…….. ENHANCE……
28. But it’s worse than that. Data suggests that even the good deals aren’t that good:
The best times to buy, according to Decide:
-Laptops: Mid-December is the best time to buy during the holiday season.
-TVs: To get the lowest price on a TV, the best time to buy is the week leading up to Black Friday.
-Cameras: From point-and-shoots to more sophisticated models for professional photographers, the best time to buy is before Black Friday.
29. Also, like, this is NOT how you should buy electronics
30. The things you need — TVs, laptops, tablets, phones — are important purchases that you should think about a lot
You’re stuck with your phone for two years, and your laptop for even longer. Tablets are getting cheaper every day, and the best stuff, from brands like Apple and Google and Microsoft and Amazon, isn’t any cheaper on Black Friday.
TVs are ALWAYS cheap, and there are much more important things to consider than whether or not you’ll save $50. Like, for example, how that giant TV will look in your living room for the next five years.
Try the Wirecutter for up-to-date recommendations on the things you should buy.
31. It’s just not worth it. At best, you’ll end up with a bunch of stuff you don’t really need, purchased for slightly lower than list, and a headache.
40. I mean, listen. You have the day off. USE YOUR IMAGINATION
41. And remember: Black Friday doesn’t need you
It’ll do just fine.
- The White House continued to defend rolling back Obama-era transgender protections, with Sean Spicer repeatedly insisting it's a "states' rights issue."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized recreational use.
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at the Coachella festival, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while she's pregnant 🐝😭
- Indiana police released chilling audio in the case two teens found dead in the woods — a voice captured on one of their phones saying "down the hill."