When you were little, there were those books that were scary in a fun kind of way. And then there were those traumatizing how-can-I-fall-asleep-now-that-you-have-subjected-me-to-these-acts-of-horror type of scary books like these:
WARNING: Reading this post could cause flashbacks of childhood nightmares.
9. Where the Red Fern Grows
Just try going outside after you read about dogs being torn to shreds by mountain lions and learning that raccoons are deathly.
12. Milk and Cookies
Your parents just got done telling you that the sound you heard was just the heater, and then they read you a book about the dragon that lives down in the basement radiator. And now they expect you to still go down there?
18. D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths
Children should be shielded from things like incest, at least until they are old enough to read Flowers In the Attic on their own.
20. Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
At least you knew what you were getting into. But did you? Really? Was there any way to know just how utterly terrifying this book was going to be?
- After the health care fail, it's unclear if Republicans and Trump will find consensus on other big ticket items.
- A viral Instagram post falsely claimed 14 black girls went missing over 24 hours in Washington, DC, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Now lawmakers are taking action.
- People in the country Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨