When you were little, there were those books that were scary in a fun kind of way. And then there were those traumatizing how-can-I-fall-asleep-now-that-you-have-subjected-me-to-these-acts-of-horror type of scary books like these:
WARNING: Reading this post could cause flashbacks of childhood nightmares.
9. Where the Red Fern Grows
Just try going outside after you read about dogs being torn to shreds by mountain lions and learning that raccoons are deathly.
12. Milk and Cookies
Your parents just got done telling you that the sound you heard was just the heater, and then they read you a book about the dragon that lives down in the basement radiator. And now they expect you to still go down there?
18. D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths
Children should be shielded from things like incest, at least until they are old enough to read Flowers In the Attic on their own.
20. Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
At least you knew what you were getting into. But did you? Really? Was there any way to know just how utterly terrifying this book was going to be?
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he's voting for Hillary Clinton, joining a growing list of top-ranking Republicans who are breaking rank.
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100M every day 🍎📉
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️