When you were little, there were those books that were scary in a fun kind of way. And then there were those traumatizing how-can-I-fall-asleep-now-that-you-have-subjected-me-to-these-acts-of-horror type of scary books like these:
WARNING: Reading this post could cause flashbacks of childhood nightmares.
9. Where the Red Fern Grows
Just try going outside after you read about dogs being torn to shreds by mountain lions and learning that raccoons are deathly.
12. Milk and Cookies
Your parents just got done telling you that the sound you heard was just the heater, and then they read you a book about the dragon that lives down in the basement radiator. And now they expect you to still go down there?
18. D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths
Children should be shielded from things like incest, at least until they are old enough to read Flowers In the Attic on their own.
20. Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
At least you knew what you were getting into. But did you? Really? Was there any way to know just how utterly terrifying this book was going to be?
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it has been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲