Prison gift shops, geared toward tourists, sell the things you’d find in most tourist traps: T-shirts, key chains, hats, and mugs.
They’re located at or near some of the nation’s worst prisons in terms of systemic abuse, capital punishment, solitary confinement, and sexual assault.
Some are run directly by the prisons, and even prisoners; others by related museums commemorating them.
8. Handcuff key chain, Huntsville, Texas.
- The FBI will reopen its investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server after discovering new emails.
- Former employees of Palantir, one of Silicon Valley's most valuable startups, are struggling to cash out of stock options 📉
- Russia has been blocked from serving on the UN Human Rights Council in a surprising vote.
- Here are some of the best Vines to watch before Twitter kills it 💀