1. There is a planet that may be made entirely out of diamonds.
2. The largest star in the universe is being eaten by a black hole.
3. Scientists recently found what might be the first signs of the big bang.
4. Space is completely silent.
5. A single day on Venus is longer than an entire year.
6. Space has its very own magnifying glass.
7. A lava-filled planet is the most Earthlike planet astronomers have discovered.
8. There are giant pools of water floating in space.
9. There's a star that's only 20 degrees Celsius.
10. Oxygen circulates around each space suit helmet to prevent the visors from misting.
11. The large quasar group breaks the modern laws for standard astronomy.
12. If metal touches in space, it will bond and become permanently stuck together.
13. Space lightning is a thing.
14. One day in Mercury lasts approximately 59 days on Earth.
15. A soup can full of neutron star material would have more mass than the Moon.
16. Every 15 years or so, a trick involving sunlight causes it to appear to us on Earth as if Saturn’s rings have vanished. The last time this happened was 2009.
17. If you ever stepped on the moon, your footprints would remain there forever.
18. The sun's mass takes up 99% of all the mass of the solar system.
19. There's more than 500,000 pieces of space junk.
20. The moon actually used to be a chunk of the Earth.
21. Wormholes might be linked to quantum physics.
Doesn't all that make you wanna party in space?
The sun's mass takes up 99% of all the mass of the solar system. An earlier version of this post said its mass takes up 99% of the solar system.
An earlier version of this post also misstated that our galaxy’s center may smell like raspberries and rum and that Saturn’s rings will eventually disappear.