1. The Glenrothes Single Malt Scotch with pumpkin pie
This scotch is “laden” with “vanilla and hints of spice,” making it the ideal counterpart to a luscious pumpkin pie.
2. Ardmore Traditional Cask Scotch with lamb stew
Because Ardmore’s “tang of peat” can’t be beat, especially when digging into a steaming plate of lamby goodness.
3. Ardbeg Scotch with sushi
The “salty, sea brine” accents of Ardbeg are the perfect accompaniment to that plate of nigiri.
4. Benromach 10-Year-Old Scotch with orange-flavored chocolate
The citrus notes in the Scotch will bring out the orange in the chocolate.
5. The Macallan Sherry Oak 18-Year-Old Scotch with a dark chocolate soufflé
“Dried fruit, spice and chocolate orange” notes make this scotch almost a dessert unto itself.
6. Lagavulin Scotch with blue cheese
A strong cheese needs an equally strong, Ron Swanson-approved scotch.
7. Elijah Craig 18-Year-Old Single Barrel Bourbon with grilled chicken
This bourbon’s “smoke and oak” flavor brings out the best in the grilled chicken, the same way Ginger Rogers brought out the best in Fred Astaire.
8. Basil Hayden Bourbon with smoked salmon
The “high rye content” makes this pairing awesome since it gives the bourbon a spicy, fruity taste that cuts through the smokey fattiness of the salmon.
10. Booker’s Bourbon with apple pie
“Brown sugar and caramel flavors”? I’m talking about the bourbon, of course.
11. Tyrconnell 10-Year-Old Single Malt Madeira Irish Whiskey with crème brûlée
A “mellow” whiskey pairs well with a dessert that can be just as mellow-seeming but deceivingly complex.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏