1. They've been around for more than fifty years.
2. The shoes were invented by a German doctor during World War II in 1945.
3. The shoes were originally intended for the working class, which eventually led them to be a staple of the skinhead look.
4. The boot's popularity can be attributed to The Who's Pete Townshend.
5. Their "Bouncing Soles" are "resistant to Oil, Fat, Acid Petrol and Alkali."
6. A whole song was dedicated to them on the cult classic British show, The Young Ones.
7. Daria and Jane wore them.
8. Pope John Paul II had a custom white pair made for himself.
9. In 2003, all production was moved to China and Thailand due to declining sales.
With the Chinese and Thai versions obviously excluding the famous "Made in England" stamp on the bottom of the sole.