9. Getting a cliché gift from CVS.
Or any other last-ditch place you stopped by in a sweaty panic. Now you’re stuck paying $27.99 for an animatronic bear that sings a parody version of The Baha Men’s “Who Let The Dogs Out?” called “Who Let The Love Out?” which makes no sense whatsoever.
6. Waiting until the last minute to make dinner reservations.
“It seems the bigger the city the fewer the reservations. Which seems counterintuitive, since that should mean more restaurants, right? Anyway, we have each other and that’s all that matters.” — A huge dick, trying to explain why you are eating Taco Bell for Valentine’s dinner.
3. Being in a relationship and forgetting that it’s Valentine’s Day.
The fact that it’s a holiday that is constantly force-fed to us makes this even more of a dick move. What did you think all those red and pink decorations were for at the grocery store? A blood drive?
2. Getting engaged.
Why do people insist on doing this year after year? Getting engaged on Valentine’s Day is like feeding a Mogwai after midnight. You just don’t do it. All it says is, “I have no idea how to be romantic unless told by the calendar, won’t you please spend the rest of your life with me?”
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.