1. Lorde won two Grammy Awards this year for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance. She was obviously pretty stoked.
2. Belmont Intermediate School, which Ella Yelich-O’Connor (aka Lorde) attended, congratulated the songstress in the cutest way possible.
But it’s not the first time that Belmont has honored Lorde, since she also won the school’s version of American Idol. According to the Herald Sun, “[Lorde] was crowned the winner of Belmont Idol in 2009 after performing a cover of Duffy’s ‘Warwick Avenue.’”
8. Watch the video here so you don’t get “postcode envy.”
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're expecting the worst and hoping for the best," officials said Sunday.
- An anti-establishment wave has prompted Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi to resign after losing a constitutional referendum.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏