1. Everyone assumes you’re gay.
2. If you really are gay, well, “it figures”.
3. You’re sick of trying to explain to people that you don’t identify with a gender anymore.
4. You’re sick of trying to explain to people that gender and sex are social constructs.
5. You’ve tried (in vain) to explain what performativity is.
6. You adore the phrase "historically and culturally specific" because it makes you sound super smart.
7. You only date feminists.
8. All of your friends are feminists.
9. A surprising number of your friends are also gay, transgender, drag queens/kings, and/or some other kind or gender deviants.
10. You’re utterly at a loss as to why anyone would NOT identify as a feminist.
11. Because feminism is not only an awesome cause full of awesome people…
12. It’s pretty obvious, too.
13. You’re thrilled at the prospect of raising a daughter (or a child of any gender) because you know you can DO IT RIGHT!
14. You’re so sick of the question: “Why is there Women’s Studies but no Men’s Studies?”
15. …because there is “Men’s Studies.”
16. You feel the urge to respond to outrage by writing an essay about it.
17. Judith Butler is both your best friend and worst enemy.
18. Don’t even get you STARTED on Foucault
19. Most of all, you understand that even though every other major thinks you just sit around making fun of men…
20. …you actually LEARN a lot about people, society, sociology, psychology, history, science, economics, philosophy, and more!
21. Not to mention everything you learn about YOURSELF, which enables you to grow into a well-rounded, educated person.
22. WGST majors know that they have the BEST major!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!